Eating at UT
Dine-in Dollars vs. Bevo Bucks
First things first, let's figure out the difference between Dine-in Dollars and Bevo Bucks. Both are types of spending money you can use with your UT ID. The difference is in where they are accepted. Dine-in Dollars are ONLY accepted at "official" UT cafeterias and stores run by DHFS, or the Division of Housing and Food Services. Bevo Bucks, on the other hand, can be accepted at many places on campus and throughout Austin, in addition to DHFS places, as well.
Dine-in Dollars Accepted Here
- Jester City Limits (or JCL) - a cafeteria open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Serves a variety of different offerings every day. You walk in, grab what you'd like, and pay. They charge different prices per item. Located in the Jester main building.
- Jester City Market (or JCM) - a small convenience/grocery store. Located in Jester right next to JCL.
- J2 - a cafeteria with very limited hours for lunch and dinner. Serves a variety of different offerings and is a favorite among students. You pay a fee as you walk in and then eat as much as you like (although it is more expensive if you use Bevo Bucks or cash). Located on the second floor of Jester, above JCL.
- Cypress Bend - an extremely smaller version of JCL. Serves 5 different kinds of food: pizza, grill items (such as burgers), salads, sandwiches, and cafeteria-style items that change every meal. Open all day for all meals, plus has a smaller version of JCM. Located in San Jacinto Dorm.
- Littlefield Café - Very similar to Cypress Bend. Located next to Littlefield Dormitory near Dean Keaton.
- Kinsolving Cafeteria - Very similar to J2. Located in Kinsolving Dormitory.
Bevo Bucks Accepted Here
- All places listed above (but they may charge a little bit extra if you use Bevo Bucks).
- Wendy's - locations in Jester and the Union
- Taco Bell - located in the Union
- Chick-fil-a - located in the Student Activity Center (or SAC) and the Union
- Taco Cabana - located in the SAC
- Zen - serves fast food-style Japanese food. Located in the SAC.
- Starbucks - located in the SAC.
- Almost every place on Guadalupe (or the Drag).